Monday, February 1, 2010

Web 2.0

I am understanding Web 2.0 more and more, but still I have a lot to learn! I know that to keep up with the everchanging world, I am going to have to hop on board the Web 2.0 train. I think there will be more opportunities for the secondary schools to use blogging, wikis, flickr, image generators, etc. However, the elementary schools can do some of these things on a much smaller level such as a blog for bluebonnet readers, (Nancy already does this!). I know that our libary lessons are going to need to be more technology based, which will change the way we teach, schedule our classes, etc. I'm a little nervous, not being a "digital native", but am determined to catch up with the rest of the technology world and not be left behind.

I really like del.icio.us. I actually set up an account a few months ago after I took a district wiki class, but after I added a few bookmarks, I kind of forgot about it. I am going to make a conscious effort to use these tools as they are there to save time and make your life easier. I just have to remember to use them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment